You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there, first off just wanna say I love Affinity Designer. Its truly a great tool and I use it for everything ✌️ 
I've run into a performance issue and i'm wondering if there is anything I can do to improve it. It seems that every time I have a vector object with more than ~20 points the CPU usage spikes through the roof when manipulating a curve. It chills out after releasing it, but it can be quite annoying. 

I've looked into a few other performance forum posts and have set the view quality to 'Nearest Neighbor' & i've increased the RAM usage limit. My renderer is a 1080ti, but since it seems the CPU usage is spiking that seems to be the problem. I have an Intel i5, so not the best, but I dont really run into bottlenecks like this with any other programs like After Effects or various games. Are there any solutions to improve here outside of just getting a newer processor? If there is any other info I can provide to help out just let me know!

Thanks again for making this awesome program, i've been using it for years now and it just keeps getting better.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Most of the apps performance is handled behind the scenes, it has a few options in Preferences > Performance which I believe you have found already. I have know some users to report reducing the RAM usage limit from the default by a little helps instead of increasing.

You can also check to see if you're running the latest video drivers as we do use the videos card for some processing but most is handled by the CPU.