You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ladies and Gents,

New problem. I am editing a photo and made HSL edits, change color edits and wanted to then clone an area. I watched the tutorial, added a new pixel layer above the background layer between the original background and a background copy, clicked on 'current layer and below' to start a clone and the clone tool would not work. Did I mix up the order of layers or what? Very frustrating.

Photodoc16

• 5 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi richard gold,

When you say the Clone Tool didn't work, do you mean it worked but you didn't see the results?  Just when i try this, it works, but as there is another background copy above it, you won't see the clone.  Move the Empty Pixel Layer, so it's above the Background Layers and then try using the Clone Tool.  

I'm having this problem as well. I'm new to Affinity Photo, but have used Photoshop for years, so not totally unfamiliar with tools and layers. I have only one pixel layer, (not locked) clone tool settings: 92.5 pixels, opacity 100%, Flow 100, hardness 52, stabilizer on window mode at 48 (also tried 100), Normal, Aligned, Current Layer & Below.

I option-click on what I want to copy, then click-drag on target for "pasting"; nothing happens! Heal tool same result.

Why won't it work?

39 minutes ago, KarenMRyan said:

I'm having this problem as well. I'm new to Affinity Photo, but have used Photoshop for years, so not totally unfamiliar with tools and layers. I have only one pixel layer, (not locked) clone tool settings: 92.5 pixels, opacity 100%, Flow 100, hardness 52, stabilizer on window mode at 48 (also tried 100), Normal, Aligned, Current Layer & Below.

I option-click on what I want to copy, then click-drag on target for "pasting"; nothing happens! Heal tool same result.

Why won't it work?

Welcome to the Affinity forums!

Are you sure the Pixel object on which you want to paint is selected (highlighted in Layers panel)?

By the way,

55 minutes ago, KarenMRyan said:

(not locked)

Locking in Affinity does not make an object unpaintable.