You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello all, I am fairly new to exporting things for different mediums. I have to print several images as window decals so the woman at the print shop is asking for the vector files. Normally I would send as pdf but she says the pdfs and eps I sent are acting as rasterized images and not vector format. Unsure what I am doing wrong. She is offering to vector as a service but I'm hoping to save the money by doing it myself. Seems like it shouldn't be so difficult. Thanks in advance for the help!

NIKKEI_SUSHI_VECTOR.afdesign CHANCHOS LOGO WHITE OUTLINE.afdesign NIKKEI SUSHI VECTOR.pdf

Sorry not sure what is going on here. Not really looked in great detail at the file, just exported as PDF how I would do it to get files I would want to receive for print. It does rasterize for some reason. I turned off compression and anything I could see that would do that. Did you do some effects to your text? If you have it could be that the effects are not compatible or do not work in Illustrator so it has to be rasterized. 

Hopefully someone else can help you with this or that there is a solution. 

There is going to be a lot of hiccups and headaches as people try and use Designer and the other Affinity apps for print and wide format work. Hopefully these issues can be resolved quickly for those who have committed to using the software for this type of work.