You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Embedded PDF content resizing itself - caught on video this time

Since my other thread about this was moved I thought I would come back with a video of it actually happening in real time (the fun starts at 1:04).

Resizing or moving a frame on a detached master page (with content scale set to 'None') will affect the content inside the frame, as well as the content inside other frames on other pages.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2020 at 12:29 PM, SPaceBar said:

Hi @broadcast

Is there any chance you could attach the afpub file? Also what version of publisher are you using.

Hi, here you go (expires in one week):

https://send.firefox.com/download/644910d6fa13de2d/#4Gt7hCqjR5pS5vrMU6N4NA

There are two versions - the first with just the file placed in the master page and the second where the frames have been adjusted. In the second one you can see how the contents have also vertically resized despite being told not to scale.

I'm using 1.8.3.641. Thanks!

Hi @broadcast

The fonts were a bit help, thanks. I've been following the video but the file sent doesn't have content on the master pages like the one in the video. I have tried to reproduce it using your file and have been able to see some clipping when pages are changed but I have been unable to reproduce what is happening in the video.

Hi @SPaceBar

Thanks for looking into this. Here's another video from today:

Steps to replicate:

• Open the file "test file 2" attached here:

https://send.firefox.com/download/56172bcfd9014ace/#LotSDMqwDbnZdEeDUmXneA

• Go to pages 6&7
  • Try to drag the frames to match the content of the music staves. For me at least, they resize in a crazy way as seen in the video.

I've also included "test file 2 - with issue" that shows what happens afterwards.

Thanks for the files with Master pages on. I can see your issue by watching the video and looking at the before and after files but as the files you sent contain linked PDF's and not embedded ones I cannot go through the steps myself. The linked PDF is also missing.

Can you send me the file in the video so I can follow the exact steps myself please? This will make writing my own test steps much easier and then I can pass them on to the development team. Thanks.