You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

how I can change of bitmap's software after more 20 years of photoshop's use ?

Hi Affinity forum,

I decided to buy the app for the price that is relative light engagement. Well, I use Photoshop since 2.51 version I enjoyed alot this new deal in graphics at this time. It was fresh and exciting to participate to this Adobe's journey. The big problem with Adobe which has a real expertise in bitmap is the expensive price they ask, socially unfair for real enthusiasts artists who couldn't afford the software solution. 20 or 10 years ago, there was an unreasonable needs into graphics business so prices jumped due to a mad inflation. Adobe has decided to deal with PC that has attacked the Apple market. Adobe has became an industrial software sometimes agressive, they attacked Quark Xpress market with In-design solution.

But now how I can change of bitmap's software after more 20 years of photoshop's use ?

Can I really transpose serious tasks (color management, quality image manipulation)?

I use PS for verifications and corrections in professional way with approved settings by the profession.

Will Affinity extend his software to exhaustive industrial norms workflow ?

PS: Affinity seems to exploit deeper than ps .tiff files. I have been positively surprised by .tiff flexibility inside app. Levels are great! they push .tiff to a real pixel density and colors keep their soul. A good taste in photography rendering algorithm. One more bitmap software is ever a good news.

• Staff

Hi xdisplay, welcome to the forums!

I'm sure you'll get the hang of Affinity Photo in no time :) We have many video tutorials available explaining what's available within app. We also have a keyboard shortcut cheat sheet available to help users get up to speed. The app supports both color management and quality image manipulation, we also have many more features to come in the future ( check out our roadmap here). I can only suggest that you use the app to do real work and see if it works for you - if you feel that something is missing or needs improving, let us know.

I'm sure other users will share their experiences with the app.

Thank you. I have checked your keyboard shortcuts charts, nice colors and very interesting. Your app that makes me think about another nice app Darktable available for ubuntu but yours seems more a 16 bit alchemy enhancer rather than a raw developer.

If Apple supports small teams dev with a smart intuitive experience for end-users in mind, Apple //'s spirit will come back. A pleasant app is ever great for a correct creation.

All the best.