You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Saving Layers Visibility Choices

Hi there,

First post, so here we go:

I'm using Affinity Photo or Designer to create a geometrical demonstration with a lot of layers. I need to export, say, 50 different JPG files in order to explain step-by-step the demonstration and obviously each export shows a different combination of visible layers. I would like to be able to save my layers visibility choices so I could recall them quickly. At the moment I have to check/uncheck manually every time I want to export a JPG.

Is there a way to save my layers visibility choices? Using the Snapshot command in Affinity Photo isn't really the answer because I want to stay flexible: if indeed I create 50 snapshots, and then do a single change to my work, the snapshots become obsolete and I would have to recreate them again. 

Did I miss anything obvious? Could it be a suggestion for the next upgrade?

Many thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/12/2020 at 5:07 AM, Callum said:

Hi Lemniscat,

Welcome to the forums :)

There is no tool or feature for this at the moment I'm afraid.

Thanks

C

Hi Callum.

I agree with, it would be great. 
When I was young I use Indesign, I save a lot of time organising layers in Photoshop and Illustrator so, when I import those files to Indesign, I was able to choose which layers I would like to see in that place. The same file (a single file) was enough for lots of imports, just choosing which layers (or layer comps) I need.
Please, if it's not asking too much, would you consider implementing this? 

Really, the workflow is much easier this way.
Now, I'm doing the wrong way: place a Designer file in Publisher, double click, choose the layers I need, copy, back to Publisher file, paste and repeat for other places. Then I simple remove the original Designer file I place and finally save.
8 steps, when I should need only 3: place, choose layers, repeat.

Thanks a lot.