You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I like the monochromatic ones best. The gold version is pretty much perfect (I actually like silver better than gold) with the application of the shadowing. The silver version plunges just a bit too much into shadow and kind of obscures the text. Well done. I look at other designers' work and wonder what I would have done. At first thought I'd probably done the bike tire with spokes but I like your solution much better with the chain and the sprocket.

I would remove the internal wheel spokes... too much detail for a logo, and a pain when printing... They aren't needed, it is understood visually...

For a logo, I like the first flat version better. Of course, for a version over black/dark backgrounds, some variance would be needed... (or just loose the background, as u did in some others)

But I like it. :)

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

• 2 months later...
On 5/15/2020 at 9:30 AM, Designia said:

Logo design and cycling clothes for the Szczecin bicycle group.

LOGO_.png

stroje_13_final.png

I like the shirt very much - and the colors. As an active bicyclist I associate it with the freshness and landscapes I know so well from bicycling in the summer. The love of doing it.

Remember the old logo theory that still stands no matter how much the times are changing: avoid complexity in a logo, probably avoid explaining what the logo represents with a drawing of it and imagine it on pens, letterheads and smaller just for understanding how it works in all sizes. You can see in a small representation of the logo that the colors stick out and the main shape features dominate. The rest kind of disappears or distract the encoding of the image for the eyes. 'Szczecin' disappears in even medium small prints - and that is a little dangerous. Also watch it on the shirt... detailed logo on detailed design... balance, balance.

image.png.de50fe5eeb7e5675135ce17b5f87d81c.png

It would probably work best as a poster for an event. Well, still, it is not a corporate logo and as a whole I like it very much. I do understand it will be used in another context than company logos.

Theory aside I instinctively like what I see. I am not a fan of the over-simplicity and flat design trend that makes anything look like shaped cookies. So, well done! 

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.