You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello, I am having severe lockup issues with AP 1.8.3 on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4. I have a Mac Pro 2013 12-core 64RAM 2TB SSD with plenty of free space. Today alone I have had to force quit 4 times, I send crash reports every time. In Preferences under Performance dialogue, I changed a couple from Auto to Low in hopes that will help resolve at least a little bit, but not sure is changing disk space will help. I do work with multi-layer, large files for compositing and manipulating images. Sometimes, but not always, I will save with history, but this is happening on most all that have more than 4-5 layers, to some degree. The larger the file, the worse the issue.

EDIT:  If I may update this post, please. I have gone through and cleaned out my background processes reducing them down to the 50% range of CPU usage, which is about normal. I tried again to work in AP and had the same lockups and in my Activity Monitor, it was using 250% of the CPU. I was just trying to transform a layer group of about 4-5 layers, and I did send another crash report.

Please advise.

Thank you and have a great day.

Lisa Rose

Atlanta, GA

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi lisarose66,

Sorry for the delay you've had in getting a reply.

Could you just try installing the latest beta from here: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/117853-affinity-photo-customer-beta-184183/ and see if you have the issues.

If you do have the same issue, we may need to get a screen recording from you to see what's happening.