You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I was working on a painting in Photo for a few days as a birthday gift.  I saved the project last night and this morning it asks if I want to load a recovery so I click "yes."  Then it says that my file cannot open as it "appears it may be corrupt".  

Is there any way I can retrieve the painting?  The birthday is today haha

I do not need to do any work on it... just export it and print it.

Any help is appreciated!

Angela_Cosmic_Cocktail4.afphoto

Edited by CetoVI
attached file

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Welcome to the forum CetoVI :)

I'm sorry it's taken so long to get a response to your post. I'm also sorry to hear that your document is corrupted. I can see from your original post that you needed the document for the 14th of May :(

Do you still need this file or did you have a backup? How and where did you save this file? Was it locally or to the cloud?

I look forward to hearing from you.

• 4 months later...

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• Staff
On 10/24/2020 at 10:23 PM, CetoVI said:

I just saw this!  I missed the date but it would still be awesome if I could gift it super late!  Please and thank you!

You should thank carl123 for fixing your file 👍 

If you could reply in your other thread and answer StokerG's questions, that would be great. This will allow him to look into this further for you.