You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Really enjoy many sides of Designer. Unfortunately, there are still many things that frustrates me.

I have 3 request regarding Layers Panel functionality.

1. A lot of work is happening in the green area. I move, arange, clip, mask and re-arrange layers stack. I very often need to control layers visibility. Please move layer's visibility check to the left side. It will reduce the distance I have to move my mouse/stylus at lest 5 time. Right now Designer makes me do 5 times more work in the layers panel. I'm really confused why visibility check boxes are on the far right side away from all the action that is happening with the layers on the left side. Please fix it.

2. Make visibility check boxes respond better. When I need to deactivate/activate visibility of 3 and more layers in a row it's a real problem. You have to click on each box.

Please make visibility checkboxes recognazie click and drag action for improved and faster working experience.

3. Pure aesthetics request. Can you make checkboxes into an eye icon? It's much better recognized in it's functionality. Use of checkboxes is weird.

P.S. Propagate this design change across all packages.

image.png.f187ae9f417fa990e27b37e8288dfa42.png

26 minutes ago, haakoo said:

1 set up a shortkey for hide in menu>edit>preferences>keyboard shortcuts>option layer
2 you can use shift and/or ctrl to select multiple layers/objects and rightclick> hide or the selection box

Thank you for a workaroud. I love hotkeys and use them all the time.

Still, I stand by my request. When my curse in the green area dealing with layers order it's much easier and faster to controls visibility with the cursor if the checkbox is close by on the left side.

8 minutes ago, haakoo said:

My other apps have the visibility and lock options also on the right so my muscle memory is continued maybe your's need some exercise 😉

I too have some apps where visibility icons on the right. But I don't need to access them that often in these apps. Based on the use case I would prefer visibility icon on the left.

But click and drag response with visibility icons must happen. It's a very good QoL functionality. Makes workflow so much smoother and natural.