You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

.psd files cannot be opened in affinity and are greyed out

After I used adobe fresco, all .psd files are greyed out when trying to open them in affinity. 
The issue resolves after a hard reset of the ipad (the issue happened before). Although this is very time consuming to do a hard reset each time I used adobe fresco. 
I think it stopped working because I have opened adobe fresco, although I am not sure this is the cause.

• Staff

Hi Fee88,

We've seen a couple of people mention that (see below) they cannot import PSD files on the iPad, however both a colleague and myself have tried it on a few iPads and for us it is not greyed out and we're able to open the files.

I've downloaded both Fresco and Photoshop on the iPad and opening up the same file in those, but I can still open PSDs in Affinity. I then tried restarting the iPad and loading Fresco, opening the file and then Affinity and that works. 

Whereabouts are your PSDs stored, and are you using Open or Import on the home screen to import them? If you can keep an eye out for what you're doing that then triggers them to stop opening in Affinity that would be very helpful!

I’ve had the same problem with greyed out .PSD files since installing Fresco two weeks ago. Instead of a hard reset I deleted Fresco and was able to access my .PSD files again in the cloud and on my iPad Straight away. Fresco was affecting .PSD files created in other apps such as Procreate as well, these were also greyed out. I did notice one thing which may or may not be significant. When Fresco was installed the greyed out files showed the .PSD extension in the file name. When I deleted the app and tried opening the .PSD files again the extension was no longer showing in the file name. I haven’t had the greyed out .PSD problem since removing Fresco as I can live without it. I was wondering if Fresco could be amending something in the .PSD files so it can recognise the file format, however, this would break the .PSD file for other apps - just a thought.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Solved!

I’ve deleted Adobe Fresco again (after a unsuccesful try a couple of weeks ago) and immediately the .psd files are not greyed out anymore. 
For anyone who is still experiencing this issue, it is worthwhile to re-try and delete adobe fresco.