You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tutorials with Music Background

I appreciate all the tutorials, I'm new and trying to learn everything I can but when someone has posted a tutorial all the background music is there a way to turn the music off...although they don't say anything you really can't follow what they are trying to teach/show.

Thank you group for the tutorials, don't know if it bothers others I just thought I would bring this to the light.

If they are not saying anything during the tutorial video turn your sound off or down.  Everyone thinks, including Affinity Spotlight tutorials, music is required to provide tutorials, a distraction for many.  Noise pollution.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

Personally I agree that tutorials without dialogue and just music are quite difficult to follow.  So I don't watch those or subscribe to those channels.  There are plenty of non-native speakers whose dialogue is quite helpful and whose videos are very instructive.  You don't need to speak perfect English, you just need to communicate good/helpful information.  -=Rick

On 5/19/2020 at 12:01 AM, MKM Pottery Tools said:

Personally I agree that tutorials without dialogue and just music are quite difficult to follow.  So I don't watch those or subscribe to those channels.  There are plenty of non-native speakers whose dialogue is quite helpful and whose videos are very instructive.  You don't need to speak perfect English, you just need to communicate good/helpful information.  -=Rick

Agree with this.

Maybe it's me, but I find those videos with music, seem to have quite a pace to them. I know you can slow the video down but with doing that and having to switch off the sound, I just move on to the next video. I do the same with the videos that have been sped up.

I have found quite a few videos, that would have been good tuts, something I want to learn, but frustratingly, because of the above I have to click off. 

As a last point on tuts! I like the tuts on this page... https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/tutorials/designer/desktop/ ...because they are precise and show you how to use the tools correctly, I've brought the designer book for the same reason, but what I'd really like are many more videos that show you how to have fun with the designer product. That's why I brought it. There are SO many really good tutorial videos, made on that other similar software, showing an array of things you can do with it, and shown in the tutorial style us beginners love, but I struggle to find as many Affinity designer tuts in the same vain. I recently found a youtube channel with a man who converts fun tut videos from that other software to Affinity, but that is in photo. I have that too so I've subscribed to his channel.

Anyhow! Ranting now! I'll end here 😶

Affinity photo 1.8.3   Affinity Designer  1.8.3   Affinity publisher 1.8.3 

iMac (Retina 4k,21.5-inch,late 2015) 3.3GHZ Intel core i7, Intel Iris pro Graphics 6200 1536, 16 GB Ram. (not a Mac snob)