You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot save Affinity Photo files to hard drive

Hello:

I have been using Affinity Photo for a few years now and a problem arose a couple of months  ago that I cannot resolve.  When I try to save any work to my hard drive I get an error message that tells me the path is incorrect and to recheck the file name, file could not be found.  I am using Windows 10.  I can save the file to a USB stick or external hard drive and then transfer to C: without a problem.  Affinity will have the ability to then access the file from the C: but have no ability to save or  update anything on the C:.  Any help would be appreciated.

Dave M

7 hours ago, Dave M56 said:

I have been using Affinity Photo for a few years now and a problem arose a couple of months  ago that I cannot resolve.  When I try to save any work to my hard drive I get an error message that tells me the path is incorrect and to recheck the file name, file could not be found.  I am using Windows 10.  I can save the file to a USB stick or external hard drive and then transfer to C‍: without a problem.  Affinity will have the ability to then access the file from the C‍: but have no ability to save or  update anything on the C:.  Any help would be appreciated.

It sounds like you have enabled "Controlled Folder Access" in Windows Security, but haven't added Affinity Photo to the list of applications allowed to write to your user folders.

See my posts in the thread below.  They are a couple of years old, but it you scroll down to the bottom of the second post where it says "Edit (added after Windows 10 1809 released)", the screenshots should still be relevant.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/62259-cannot-save-files/&do=findComment&comment=323174