You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher - Standard for new text frame?

When inserting a new text frame, AFP seems to be very odd. It uses the text style from any last action, no matter what it was (table, special formatted text frame,...). Is there a possibility to change this weird behaviour? Normally, over a bigger document, the text frames all have the same style. When inserting a new text frame, it would save a lot of work to start with the very standard for the text frame instead of looking for all settings go back to normal.

All of the Affinity applications have this functionality where the formatting of the last edited layer becomes the formatting of the next layer of that kind (or similar kind).
As far as I know there’s no way to stop this but you can use the Revert Defaults and Synchronise Defaults buttons on the Toolbar to give them more of a ‘push’ towards what you want to do.
Or you can create an Asset containing a Text Frame which is formatted exactly the way you want it and drag that over to the page when you need a new one.
There may, of course, be other things you can do, and I’m sure you will get more answers.

• 2 months later...

Besides some other strange behaviour (tables) this is still very annoying. I thought I can handle this. But creating a new text box meanwhile is a nightmare. I am not sure what it does. And if you can't be sure what the function does, it would be better to throw it out of the program.

A very normal behaviour would be:

- creating a new textbox

- if it is God's will, let the formatting something shitty from all past settings

- activate a predefined text style --> text box should adopt these settings

But in Publisher, there are still some settings according to some previous settings I did for a table. How odd is that?

I still believe that this changes to the better. Many thanks.