You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash With Vector Brush when hitting Ctrl + Z or Node Shortcut

I have this happen every single session I am using the vector brush, making the operation unusable as I have to constantly re-do work I lost because I don't save every few seconds. A bigger problem is that this happens off the CTRL+Z keys, or Ctrl by itself which is unfortunately, half the shortcut for saving anyways. The screen becomes unclickable, however the program is still running. Clicking or attempting to close Affinity Designer causes the windows error sound, which indicates to me a hidden popup. However there is no way to get back to the document without killing it in the taskmanager, which does not read it as unresponsive.

Windows 7

AMD Radeon R9 200 4GB

Intel Core i5 3.40 GHz

8GB Ram

Edited by harkejuice
Matched a previous bug

• Staff

Hi Harke,

I responded in the link thread but I'm going to also paste it here. The fix you quoted will only work because it makes the Appearance Panel not visible. As soon as you have the Appearance Panel visible (the root cause) you may run into the same issue. If you close the Appearance Panel down you should not encounter the freeze as mentioned above.

If this is still the case after closing the Panel are you able to get a screen recording showing the issue please?

I can't record a video at this moment, but I see that yes it seems to stop when I close the appearance panel.

I also discovered an interesting behavior, when closing the Appearance panel before doing anything, then re-opening it and trying to replicate the bug, the program CTDs immediately.