You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

First Logo Attempt

massive.art

It’s nice, but I am wondering where it would be used.
At a small scale, for example if it was an App icon, a lot of the detail would be lost.
Also, I think the ‘classic’ bee colours of yellow and black might help it to be more recognisable.
I like the hexagon motifs but could they be used more prominently, or would that be too ‘stereotypical’?
This certainly looks like it is an interesting design project.
I’m tempted to try and come up with my own version, just as a bit of an experiment.
Looking forward to seeing future iterations of this.

5 hours ago, GarryP said:

Also, I think the ‘classic’ bee colours of yellow and black might help it to be more recognisable.

Yellow and black seems more like wasps to me.

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

I am seeing the problems with this design after walking away for a day or so. Time to go back and redefine it. -- The colors are from the app

Also, this issues one of the issues with a creating  a font

i7 8700k, CoolerMax Air Cooled,

32g HyperX RAM 3200Hz,  ASUS ROG Strix MTHRBRD, 2070 GPU 

1.5 Tb Solid State Storage

Huion KAMVAS Pro 16 Tablet

@massive.art  The only thing I see that might be a real problem is that three bees are going to be rather sad when all their hard work and the subsequent honey drips right out of their assigned hexagons.  Please see the left side of the B.    Poor little fellas!!😞😢🐝  

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

I think a great first attempt. A small tip to help you with troubleshooting: Try creating a version in black/white, especially something that translates well to stamp sizes. It is not only helpful to have it on hand for situations where you can't print/utilize full-color, but also you will also see more easily what can be simplified. You'd be surprised what limiting yourself will do for your designs as it forces us to think critically.