You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

hello designers, 

after i have done a project i exported it and this is what happend (in picture) it is rasteraize and it is very clear when i export many shapes 

Can someone tells me what is the correct method to export a logo in affinity designer ? because i iam a new affinity user 

why.thumb.png.0a6b56bb48ad19bcf34cdd7f7db7aeef.png

thanks.

Hi
What format did you export?
You need to export a specific format that supports vector shapes, PDF, SVG, EPS.

Export to vector has limitations, and some effects will be rasterized.

Your picture viewer shows an image at zoom level of 100%?

Probably not. Therefore, the jagged edges.

Anytime you export to jpg, png, or any format like it you are not going to have razor sharp text. The text is rasterized and then has resolution that has limits. You could boost up the dpi to 1200 though that will give you a pretty large file in most cases, but the "ragged" edges will still be there, just smaller. Ideally if you do not need to be using jpg or png, still to PDF. Text will remain vector so you could blow it up 10000% and there will be no resolution lost, it will remain razor sharp. 

What are you trying to do with this exported file?

2 minutes ago, wonderings said:

Anytime you export to jpg, png, or any format like it you are not going to have razor sharp text. The text is rasterized and then has resolution that has limits. You could boost up the dpi to 1200 though that will give you a pretty large file in most cases, but the "ragged" edges will still be there, just smaller. Ideally if you do not need to be using jpg or png, still to PDF. Text will remain vector so you could blow it up 10000% and there will be no resolution lost, it will remain razor sharp. 

What are you trying to do with this exported file?

thanks , i want to send it to client 

Just now, os design said:

as you know you should give the client jpeg,png,pdf,eps, .... i do not know actully what he will do with it , iam a new designer so can you give me a few min from your time explain this ?

In most cases a print ready PDF with crop marks and .125" bleed all the way around is going to work. 

I would make the suggestion that when working with a client find out what the end uses will be. Can make a big difference in design if you are designing of a building or a flyer to be mailed out. 

2 minutes ago, wonderings said:

In most cases a print ready PDF with crop marks and .125" bleed all the way around is going to work. 

I would make the suggestion that when working with a client find out what the end uses will be. Can make a big difference in design if you are designing of a building or a flyer to be mailed out. 

So is it Ok to send them a png - jpeg format like this ? (with the pdf and other files)

9 minutes ago, wonderings said:

Not sure why you are sending png or jpg at all. Why not just do everything in PDF? Or is your client requesting png/jpg?

he is requesting , if he did it is ok to make it looks like this ? or there is something i have to do 

If you understand that your client will view an image on a tablet, then the resolution of your image should not be much smaller than the resolution of tablet screen. 
But the resolution may be higher. This is just a small example.

For example:
Apple iPad Pro(2018) 11", 2388x1668

1 hour ago, os design said:

he is requesting , if he did it is ok to make it looks like this ? or there is something i have to do 

If he is requesting it that way then there is no way around it. You can either up the DPI and see if the file size is still good for how you want to send it. You could try 600 dpi and send it out to him. If he has concerns about the quality I would ask what he is planning to do with the file, i.e. is it for print, web use, etc. I am not sure about web, but if it is for print a PDF would be preferred and would say all reputable and knowledgable print shops would want PDF. 

8 hours ago, wonderings said:

If he is requesting it that way then there is no way around it. You can either up the DPI and see if the file size is still good for how you want to send it. You could try 600 dpi and send it out to him. If he has concerns about the quality I would ask what he is planning to do with the file, i.e. is it for print, web use, etc. I am not sure about web, but if it is for print a PDF would be preferred and would say all reputable and knowledgable print shops would want PDF. 

Got it , you should give him Jpeg - Png for web usage , But how can I increase the DPI in affinity ? Thanks for sharing your knowledge with me I appreciate that. 

9 hours ago, os design said:

Got it , you should give him Jpeg - Png for web usage , But how can I increase the DPI in affinity ? Thanks for sharing your knowledge with me I appreciate that. 

It would be in the document settings. When I did some tests a few weeks ago I had mixed results changing the document DPI after the original document had been created. I would suggest creating a new document and set the DPI right from there. Try 600 and see how that comes out and how large your file is. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 7.29.24 AM.png