You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Effects on texts add border in PDF export

Dear developers,

I made a cover, but after PDF export get a border to title, what I set to Soft Light mode. Here is this title in Publisher beta:

image.png.5946bf7a8214ec41c8af4a998f3d67c2.png

And after PDF export:

image.png.f0b19a81c073c932be9af8fb8f0164ce.png

And on back cover too:

image.png.6b1f54db302b5bf306a86e858d3d77c5.png

I used these effects on Tiltle:

image.png.0763ea65e3dca00f52c04ca1e898ceab.png

It I turned off ALL effects, then border not shown, but I need all used effects (outer shadow and inner glow important).

How can I solve this bug?

1 hour ago, mykee said:

It I turned off ALL effects, then border not shown, but I need all used effects (outer shadow and inner glow important).

Hi @mykee,

I may be completely wrong but does it help to turn on 'Preserve alpha' in Gaussian Blur change anything?

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

38 minutes ago, dominik said:

Hi @mykee,

I may be completely wrong but does it help to turn on 'Preserve alpha' in Gaussian Blur change anything?

d.

Sorry @dominik, not helped, border is there. If I turn off all effects, then will hide this border :(

And next interesting thing: I have an older project, what exported without problem a few month ago, there is borders too now in PDF... Here is an example:

image.png.5c5b9acbef9bff9e1aa3f627c8456716.png

On bottom text I used Gaussan blur at 0,1px , Outer shadow (opaxcity 100%, Radius 33,6 px, Offset 0), and layer opacity is 75%, but type is normal. 🙄.

(Renamed topic, because I think effects on text can generate this problem)

9 minutes ago, mykee said:

Sorry @dominik, not helped, border is there. If I turn off all effects, then will hide this border :(

Too bad. You could turn off the effects one at a time and then do an export. That way you perhaps can find out which one of the effects causes the border.

Also, did you try different PDF presets to see if this changes anything?

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

• Staff
12 minutes ago, mykee said:

And next interesting thing: I have an older project, what exported without problem a few month ago, there is borders too now in PDF... Here is an example:

That's what I was afraid of. Can you rename this one that was fine before so I know which one is which please. Here's the link:  https://www.dropbox.com/request/AU9bKdymfCEPLPgXGm7F

9 minutes ago, dominik said:

Also, did you try different PDF presets to see if this changes anything?

Yes, I tried with Advanced settings too or higher PDF levels. Nothing helped. :( I need merge all layers with effects for leave borders, but this work is not elegance, and destructive.

9 minutes ago, Gabe said:

That's what I was afraid of. Can you rename this one that was fine before so I know which one is which please. Here's the link:  https://www.dropbox.com/request/AU9bKdymfCEPLPgXGm7F

Thanks, I uploaded two project files: older afphoto too (what opened with Publisher), and current project in afpub with PDF.

I hope can resolve this problem for PDF export.

15 minutes ago, mykee said:

I need merge all layers with effects for leave borders, but this work is not elegance, and destructive.

Well, at least you have a working workaround until this get's sortet out. It seems to be a bug.

d.

• 2 months later...

Hi there Gabe and Co, I have an issue with exporting a flatteded PDF. There are artefacts (maybe a border or some other thing) around a rectangle shape and around a font character (please see pic., attached). This is a really simple layered graphic with no effects applied, I have double-checked that the Borders are set to transparent. You can just see a faint grey line along the top edge of the yellow rectangle, and an outline to the flower character of the font - which is white on a white background. I'm using the latest version of AP (1.8.4.687), on a Wacom Mobile Studio Pro running Windows 10 Pro. Please can you help? Many thanks in advance. xx

Affinity Publisher PDF Export error.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I tested this bug in 1.8.4.693 version. Not fixed. :( 

I'm sad, because need many plus step for workaround to printing or rasterize everything on export.

Source:

image.png.0ca56ddd1b27bc290b269846d5dad293.png

Result:

image.png.f73ebbea0debef380b336adeae9ad258.png

And here is my settings:

image.png.ee2913aaba88c42bd6886ec41aa9abc5.png

image.png.6138bd6dc23651b5456c09910b6b0586.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.