You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.8.3 crashes at resize text with cursor and cmd-z in former aff photo doc

A document in Affinity Photo 1.8.3 where I found I need to modify text in Compound Group (silly me) was opened.

Some consecutive individual characters were selected and deleted, the former text was further Compounded to two groups.

Artistic text tool was selected, with current defaults and text was entered. While still in tool text was resized by shift-dragging from corner.

Wasn't happy with what I got, did cmd-z and bang. Not sure if memory cleaner was still running, if not, then at least 1.5 GB, probably more, was free.

Edit; was not cmd-z, but click to text size menu in top bar, at least did it now 😞

Hki-keskustelu-mainos-2020w20.afdesign ad-1-8-3-crash-2020-05-12.txt

Edited by zaqzaq
further info

• Staff

Hi zaqzaq,

Have you been using the application in Separated Mode? We're aware of a crash that can occur when using the Text dropdowns in separated mode with multiple documents open. The crash report you've supplied seems to match those we've seen. 

If you use Windowed Mode you shouldn't encounter this crash in the meantime.