You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

After a search I can't see this mentioned in any other topics - sorry if it's there and I've missed.

When I export to PDF I may get the Preflight dialog pop-up listing any issues.
It's likely to flag up spelling mistakes that aren't actually mistakes - just not in the dictionary - and also items that don't affect what's going to be output.
However having checked through these and decided that they are OK, I have to close the Preflight dialog and re-export which re-does the preflight process.
I can then skip viewing the Preflight dialog and continue but...
Could we not have a "Accept" or "Continue" button on the Preflight dialog itself which will just proceed directly to the Export dialog if we aren't going back to make any changes?

Or is this already possible and I've just not spotted it?

You could, of course, run your own Spellcheck operation before you try to Export, rather than letting Preflight catch them :)

But if you wait for Preflight, as you double-click on each misspelled-word-warning in the Preflight warning panel you will be positioned on that word in the text. At that point you can right-click on the word and choose to

• Ignore the word for this document or
  • Learn the spelling for this document and future documents.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Very true Walt.
But having corrected everything, or accepted that the errors can be ignored, you can't continue directly on to the Export dialog.
When the export process runs and it finds problems, it will offer the option to either view issues, ignore them or cancel, but having selected review you then lose the option to ignore if it's actually OK.

I'd just like to review the issues, say "that's OK" and hit an Accept and Continue button on the Preflight dialog.

23 hours ago, trichens said:

I'd just like to review the issues, say "that's OK" and hit an Accept and Continue button on the Preflight dialog.

That would be nice, but for now, I believe your review has to include right-clicking on the word in the document, and choosing Ignore or Learn. Then continuing to the next when in the Preflight review.

Or, simply running a SpellCheck separately, so that that part of the Preflight is clean.

You could also make spelling issues Warnings rather than Errors in Preflight, which might help.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 weeks later...

Im pretty sure that since the last Affinity update the 'ignore spelling' was reset and i have had to redo this in my documents. Given i have a lot of technical terms that i dont want to learn, is there a batch acceptance for preflight checks ?