You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

visual and security settings

I'm not sure what you mean by visual settings, but I've seen no indication from Serif that they plan to do any security enhancements in the near future.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Forcing the document to be displayed in a certain way may not be beneficial to all the people who want to read it.
For example, some people may not be comfortable with page transition animations (flashing images etc.).
You might also want to accommodate people who need to use screen readers.
It is often better to let the reader use their visual settings rather than enforce your own preferences.
This document might be a useful starting point for more information: https://www.adobe.com/accessibility/pdf/pdf-accessibility-overview.html

5 hours ago, GarryP said:

It is often better to let the reader use their visual settings rather than enforce your own preferences.

That was not the question. There are more reasons to have settings than to have none. Whoever wants to change optimised settings can do it. Professional apps have those visual settings. Should they be removed now?!

I know that was not the question.
Your question, if I understand it correctly, was about whether the Affinity applications would be getting more options for security and visual settings in PDF export this year.
Walt already answered the ‘security side’ of the question, and I tried to answer the ‘visual side’ of the question by spinning it back to you giving you a chance to think about who may be consuming your PDFs and how they might be consuming it. In other words, you can sometimes appeal to a wider audience by not using things that may get in some people’s way or make their experience worse because of their specific circumstances.
And, no, I’m not suggesting that this sort of functionality should be removed from other applications.