You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brush resize shortcuts ("[" and "]") doesn't work on Russian language input method

Brush resize shortcuts ("[" and "]") doesn't work on Russian language. To change brush size I need to switch keyboard to English every time (Alt+Shift). It's very annoying because I type in Russian a lot and every time I try to press [ or ] nothing happends until I switch input method.

Most of other shortcuts work fine on both languages (like "B", "S" etc.).

Please fix this

25 minutes ago, Wosven said:

Go to preferences > shortcuts and set them in a way that suit you. Everyone not using English keyboard need to do this.

This is not the solution of the problem.

1. If I change it to Russian keys, the I won't be able to use them in English. I want every hotkey work on any language (how it should be).
  2. "Everyone not using English keyboard need to do this" – this is not how it should work. Any normal Software / Service treat keys for shortcuts the same way, without deviding it on Russian, Spanish etc. symbols. Every key has it's ID on a keyboard, and it's the same whether it English or Russian. English "Q" and Russian "Й" has the same ID, same should be for "[", "]" and "Х", "Ъ". I'm sure it's very common issue, but not every user have enough patience to report these things.

Hello, I have a similar problem. When I want to change width of brush or opacity, I have to hold: CTRL+ALT+right mouse +left mouse and than move (up/down od left/right) (everything at the same time!). It is soo annoing and make my workflow slow. I spent lot of time trying change this, but it doesn´t work. I wan hold just alt+right mouse  - like in photoshop. 

Welcome to the forums @Ivana,

Have you tried the Square Bracket keys [ ] ? I'm afraid those are the only options they give us right now. I use my Wacom tablet a lot. I have it set to where all I need to do is push the button on the side of my pen while dragging, side to side or up and down.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

@Ron P. Hello,

I don´t use tablet and [ ]  are not ergonomic for me, because I need to use brush often much.

The problem is, that [ ]  are in settings of shortcuts and I can´t change it for better option, because I don´t know, how to set drag and move by mouse.

Just now, Ivana said:

@Ron P. Hello,

The problem is, that [ ]  are in settings of shortcuts and I can´t change it for better option, because I don´t know, how to set drag and move by mouse.

As far as I can tell, we're not able to set such shortcuts, only those using keyboard keys.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD