You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am using Affinity designer Mac and have done for years. I am no expert but know enough to get the things I need to done.

When I use the move tool or shape tools they work as normal but all other tools freeze at the edge of the canvas and you can not see the cursor until it reaches the other side and reappears. I have reset everything, restarted my mac, reinstalled the software and nothing helps me. The software has become totally unusable. I have searched but not found anyone that has the same problem. I have not included a screenshot as it looks normal in a screenshot but it is not

I would really appreciate some help. Thank you.

Welcome to the forums.
Are you saying that when you select any tool – other than the Move Tool or the Smart Shape Tools (rectangle, ellipse, etc.) - the mouse pointer disappears when it is over the canvas area, but only over the canvas area, and it reappears when the position of the mouse pointer is not over the canvas area? If so, what about scroll bars and the Rulers?
In addition, are you using multiple screens, and are you using a mouse or tablet?
(I’m not a Mac user any more so I probably can’t help much further, but the answers to the questions above might help someone to help you.)