You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export Profile, select different layers to export instead of slices?

Suppose I have a simple project (.afdesign / .afphoto) with three layers or objects (here a circle, square and triangle).

Is there a way for me to set up an export profile where I can export every pair of two individually? (e.g. export only circle + square, square + triangle, triangle + circle).

If yes can I also, if possible,  somehow alter the order of the layers when they are exported? e.g. maybe export circle above square and then square above circle?

1370138217_ScreenShot2020-05-11at9_07_44AM.thumb.png.5c323dcf34d24ce31f856858bcb11420.png

Nope, read it 4 times and I'm still not sure what it is you want to do.

Do you want to just export, say, the circle and square as 2 separate files or do you want to export the circle and square as 1 file containing both objects?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

You can export selected elements instead of whole page. Simply select the layers you want to export and export as selected. The correct order of the layers have to be done before the export.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

@carl123 I want to set up the export profile so I can export several version of the document (just like you can export all slices at once). However, instead of slices I want to specify layers to hide / show in each export.

@joachim yeah how is that different than toggling the layers and just exporting the doc?

3 minutes ago, sumneuron said:

yeah how is that different than toggling the layers and just exporting the doc?

In the end not a big difference. Perhaps a millisecond faster than toggling the layers. The only real difference (IMO) is with the selection the resulting bounding box is reduced to the selected elements and not the document size.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

In your document you would need to have your objects grouped or in Layers (container Layers) the way you would want them to export e.g. group the circle and square then that group can be made into one slice ready for export.

Alternatively, in the Export Persona you could use the Slice Tool to encompass the circle and square which will then just create one slice with those two objects.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

In the Export Persona you would create slices from...

Group1 to get the Square & Circle
Group2 to get the Triangle & Square
Group3 to get the Triangle & Circle 

export3.png

You did not say "the layers / file is large"

You said....

9 hours ago, sumneuron said:

Suppose I have a simple project (.afdesign / .afphoto) with three layers or objects

Well you got a minimum working solution

I know of no easy way for a document where "the layers / file is large"