You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Do Affinity designer got the color editor yet?

Is there any announcement/teaser/experimental feature for edit colors yet?
I have requested it time ago here:

And here:

And here:

So I wonder if there is any update/notice about it yet
I am really excite to start using Affinity designer, Just waiting the missing features to be added to AF

DeRDBFSs4L.gif.0459e719b6bb9d4203e6a54025318e66.gif
Even if I select the multiple items, it only edit one of them (The last one)
I don´t want to create a folder, and even I do, the color editing would be applied to the folder and not the actual items, something I don´t want either

It seems that Affinity Designer is mising the multy-item editor I was talking about in the topic

skN9XWD04p.gif.9d98c8908130f9d9a4c1683e73c86652.gif
Unless I am able to apply to the item (Curretly it does not allow to merge the color change to the affected items) and not the in a layer added for the HSL edit, then it is useless for SVG/Vector format, as you won´t get it applied when exporting the file to other software

The whole feature (HSL editor) seems to be useless for Vector color editing, only might help for raster images
Also even if I use it for vector, exporting the vector file to other software result in the adjustments to be gone

The feature suggested in the topic seems to be missing for vector graphics in affinity designer
I expect this important missing feature to be added to the sofware

44 minutes ago, Larryh said:

Even if I select the multiple items, it only edit one of them (The last one)

Same. This is a Designer bug. It works correctly in Photo.

5 hours ago, telemax said:

Same. This is a Designer bug. It works correctly in Photo.

It's not a bug, his adjustement was only clipped to the last object and not above all of them.

In your exported file, the adjustement was rasterized when the OP want the vector objects to have the new colours without being rasterized.

5 hours ago, Wosven said:

the adjustement was rasterized

Yes, the adjustement was rasterized 😐

I work only with vectors/SVG format, Affinity Desiger poorly suppor Vectors/SVG, with few limited features, most features are raster features
AD is almost only a raster software
It is a real shame it does not have most of the important features/support a vector graphic software should have

1 minute ago, Larryh said:

I work only with vectors/SVG format, Affinity Desiger poorly suppor Vectors/SVG, with few limited features, most features are raster features
AD is almost a solely raster software
It is a real shame it does not have most of the important features a vector graphic software should have

Designer is new to the game. You cannot expect it to match feature for feature with Illustrator which has had many years of refinement. It is an incredibly cheap app to buy, even at full price and does some amazing things for that price. If it does not do what you want now I would wait, keep an eye on the updates that come down the line. One day it will get there, but it is still new from the group up application.