You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am writing a book that is heavy in photographs.

Lately, when I opened up the book to continue writing it, Publisher had lost a few connections to the photos.

Why this happens I have no idea as the photo is, I assume, pasted into the page.

Tonight, when I opened the book to continue working on it, it lost connections for about 15 photos and another 6 or 7 had masks applied to them

Anybody have any idea of why this happens and what the fix is?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Carl. :)

I’m afraid I don’t know the answer to your question, but I wanted to take the opportunity to say that you’re not by any means the only forum member to misunderstand the purpose of the ‘Title’ box which is displayed when you create a thread. Rather than putting your name in there (or, indeed, a title such as ‘Mr’ or ‘Dr’) you should provide a descriptive title for the topic that you’re writing about. You can change the topic title of a thread at any time, as long as the thread was created by you and hasn’t been locked by a moderator: use the ‘Edit’ link at the bottom of your original post to do this.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 hours ago, Carl Gethmann said:

Why this happens I have no idea as the photo is, I assume, pasted into the page.

At the simplest level images can be "embedded" or "linked to" within a Publisher document.

Can you go to Document > Resource Manager and see if your images are showing as Embedded, Linked or a combination of the two?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 2 weeks later...

They were linked.  I answered this before the same way so why is this still open.  While I can understand that links can break, I do not understand why  they happen so often and so widespread.  It seems to me that there is a problem in Publisher that prevents it from maintaining links properly.

7 hours ago, Carl Gethmann said:

They were linked.  I answered this before the same way so why is this still open. 

This is the first time you have been asked that question, and the first time you have answered it.

Also, as a forum usage hint: You have created a new topic (see below) because you're still having the problem. It would have been better if you had continued in this topic, to keep all the discussion together.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1