You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Layer FX settings not correctly pasted

Hello, just found that some FX settings are not pasted correctly between text objects (I have to check but it's also possible they are not recalled correctly from styles).

I just:

1) Select a text object

2) Edit -> Copy

3) Select another text object

4) Edit -> Paste FX...

For example, 3D and emboss radius patameter values are not the same as source object after pasting to another object.

Using AP 1.8.3 on Windows 10 x64 (Italian).

Is that a known issue? I find it very strange nobody already reported it.

Thanks,

Mario

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Chris, just tried with two "artistic text" objects created from scratch, making sure font size is 96 for both.

It doesn't seem to work anyway.

Set first object to blur radius 3.9, copied (CTRL-C), then "Paste FX" to other object. Pasted blur radius is 3.8.

Then set 3d radius to 35.5 for first object, copied, paste fx to second object and its 3d radius is 35.1.

I'd venture saying there's something wrong...

- Mario

Update: for it to work properly, not only I had to set the same font size, but also the overall text object size must be exactly the same: writing same text in both objects in my tests I now get identical pasted values indeed.

Is this the intended behaviour?

For example, at fixed 96 font size, 3.9 blur radius in a  "HHHH" text becomes 5.5 when pasted to a "HHHHHHHH" text...

I'm not sure this all makes sense to me...

Thanks,

Mario

Just now, Mabian said:

Time to fix it then, let's surf the wave :)

It'll be near the bottom of a prioritised list of work to do and it is unlikely ever to rise while new features and new apps are being developed, and newer bugs are being introduced.

• Staff

Some HHH text with a Gaussian Blur effect of 3.9 copy and pastes to the duplicated HHH text with the correct value for me 😕

I assume you're pasting it to text in the same document? 

I'll put some time aside today and go through all the effects.

3 minutes ago, anon2 said:

It'll be near the bottom of a prioritised list of work to do and it is unlikely ever to rise while new features and new apps are being developed, and newer bugs are being introduced.

I want to be positive now. I understand the frustration and will probably nag if I see that it's not addressed ;)

- Mario

• 3 months later...