You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello
I turn to web design at 32yo, a passion in me, so I would not want to be wrong
I have an important question, I am going to buy  affinity bundle instead of Adobe for the price mainly, 
I will be able to apply and work for jobs which require Adobe suite ? the transition is easy, the software is similar?
if I master affinity, i can work in companies that use adobe ?

image.png.22bbcb06fdb256a5c3305ffecdcd6cd3.png

image.png.d65cc9c39f91e4af3d07a866bd7b707f.png

image.png

@Sparco10

Welcome to the Affinity forums.

First, there is nothing within the Affinity Suite of programs that is specifically and definitively for web site creation.  One of Serif's legacy products was "Web Plus" which most definitely was designed to allow the straightforward creation of web sites but it was what is often termed a "WYSIWYG" program, "What you see is what you get".  The skills used in that software would not transfer easily to any another similar program, whether from Adobe or elsewhere.

As to whether skills learned in the Affinity programs can be directly transferred to Adobe programs, is a question which other, far more experienced users, might be able to answer, but as a general point: there are some parallels between the Serif programs and those from Adobe but there are also differences. Serif, as I understand it, never set out to produce "Adobe clones" but rather, unique products designed to fill a perceived gap in the market for Photo manipulation, graphic design and desk top publishing applications.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

thanks for the reply, but its not very clear. just go straight to the point and answer my question, please

can I apply for jobs that require adobe suite skills ? 

How much time I need to adapt myself from affinity  to adobe ? Is there a lot of differences

1 hour ago, Sparco10 said:

Yes, but only if you lie, or admit that no, you don't have direct experience, but have experience in an equivalent program (and they agree with you that Affinity and Adobe are equivalent).

How much time I need to adapt myself from affinity  to adobe ? Is there a lot of differences

Yes, there are a lot of differences. The learning curve could be significant, especially if your only experience in this area is with Affinity. (If you had experience with Affinity, and several other similar programs, then you would already have experience with transferring your knowledge from one program to another somewhat similar one, which would help learning yet another program.)

Some of the concepts are the same. Some of the mechanisms to use those concepts are the same. Many of the mechanisms to use those concepts will be different, some will be very different.

And each world (Affinity, Adobe) probably has concepts and mechanisms that are completely missing from the other.

And the Adobe suite has some applications that have no counterpart in Affinity at all. So it will depend strongly on which Adobe applications they want experience with.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I'm sorry if my answer was not what you wanted.  But I have never used ANY of the Adobe graphics/design programs so have no idea about the ease with which Affinity skills can be transferred to Adobe.

I think there are a considerable number of users in the forum who have made the transition from Adobe to Affinity.  Hopefully, at least one of them might be able to answer your questions.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

NO, you don't. There are special courses if you want to become Adobe expert in some field (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator...).

No one can tell you. It depends on how eager are you to learn.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

A design studio/print shop/ad agency will almost certainly want you to dive into Adobe progs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, etc. right away. There will be no leaning curve or training! The questions you need to answer therefore are have you used Adobe progs before? If so, how long ago? If somewhat rusty, you may well be able to get back up to speed. However, you'll be almost certainly competing with someone who knows these progs like the back of his or her hand!

As Walt says, you can lie or and attempt to 'wing it' as it were. But you may well get found out.

The biggest issue you'll find if you've never use Adobe titles or have used them some time ago is that the workflow will be different to Affinity in key areas. Any employer will want you to work the Adobe way rather than the Affinity (or Corel or Xara) way.

And yes, I did use Adobe CS and CorelDraw prior to Affinity Designer, Photo and Publisher.