debraspicher

Permanent corruption of adjustment masks when pasting them from another cropped image

I noticed this after pasting adjustment layers from another image that was more than likely cropped and noticed all the adjustment layer's mask were "cropped" out.

The marching ants don't seem to show up accurately with "Select All"/Ctrl + A. I can't paint black in the Color Balance mask to adjust the mask if I wanted. I can't select all and then delete pixel data to get it back to background color on the mask. It's as if it is corrupted.

I also notice sometimes the marching ants are "bunched up" up towards the top, but cut in half along bottom border. With Select All on this file, sometimes the marching ants are only along two borders but missing two other borders? It looks like an accuracy issue. This is not the first time I've noticed this. I think it may also be when glitches are more likely to occur. I usually just make a new selection a different way.

This behavior shows up in the production version of Affinity with the same file.

mocha-swim-8.afphoto

Microsoft Windows 10 Home (Build 18363)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3600Ghz; Mobo: Asus X470-PRO
16GB DDR4 (3100Mhz)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Monitor 1: 4K @ 150%
Monitor 2: 1080p @ 100%

WACOM Intuos4 Large; X-rite i1Display Pro; NIKON D5600 DSLR

Hey debraspicher,

*Edit* I will need to poke this more to find out what's happening

The marching ants issue is a bug as far as I'm concerned and it is known to us. If you are at 100% document view you should see them. 

Hi,

If you're copying from another document, it's possible that the files have different sizes. In this case, don't use "select all", but the move tool: you'll see a rectangle of the area of this layer, and you'll be able to resize it to fit the new document.

If you had previously painted on the mask, fill it with white or black depending of your needs.