You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Permanent corruption of adjustment masks when pasting them from another cropped image

I noticed this after pasting adjustment layers from another image that was more than likely cropped and noticed all the adjustment layer's mask were "cropped" out.

The marching ants don't seem to show up accurately with "Select All"/Ctrl + A. I can't paint black in the Color Balance mask to adjust the mask if I wanted. I can't select all and then delete pixel data to get it back to background color on the mask. It's as if it is corrupted.

I also notice sometimes the marching ants are "bunched up" up towards the top, but cut in half along bottom border. With Select All on this file, sometimes the marching ants are only along two borders but missing two other borders? It looks like an accuracy issue. This is not the first time I've noticed this. I think it may also be when glitches are more likely to occur. I usually just make a new selection a different way.

This behavior shows up in the production version of Affinity with the same file.

mocha-swim-8.afphoto

• 1 month later...

Hi,

If you're copying from another document, it's possible that the files have different sizes. In this case, don't use "select all", but the move tool: you'll see a rectangle of the area of this layer, and you'll be able to resize it to fit the new document.

If you had previously painted on the mask, fill it with white or black depending of your needs.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.