You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer: Using Export Persona > Slices > Batch builder

Hello,

I was struggling for hours trying to create a macOS Application Icon Set from an SVG with Affinity Designer (v1.8.3).

I went to Export Persona > Slices > Batch builder and select "Xcode JSON: macOS Application Icon" and I just could not figure out what to do next to actually export the icon set.

There is no help or topic on how to make it work.

Accidentally, I found that after selecting the "Xcode JSON: macOS Application Icon" option in "Batch builder" dropdown, I next must select "OSX Application Icon" in "Export preset" dropdown:

image.png.7b817911a710c91a8492943e2ed1d228.png

Just having done these steps I could click the little export button on the right to finally export the complete icon set.

What if Affinity Designer would auto select the related "Export preset" for options in "Batch builder" dropdown?

Or what if there should not be any "Export preset" selected for Batch builder jobs? The batch should work just without any other option selected...

Could you improve the Batch builder feature and ease our work experience, please?

Hope this feature request makes sense for all Affinity Designer users.

Devy