You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi Affinity Forum.

Question about Affinity Photo, please.

Is there any way to pull up the color wheel on demand wherever the cursor happens to be at the time, even if the wheel already appears in the panels off to the side?

Perhaps it could be a shortcut key combo. Or better yet, maybe it could be simply clicking the button on a Wacom stylus. I know this button does the trick in Photoshop, and it’s extremely helpful in digital painting.

So far, I haven’t found this feature in Affinity Photo. If it exists, could someone please let me know where it is?

Thanks!

When you double-click on a colour well in the Colour panel, the Colour Chooser dialog doesn’t pop up “wherever the cursor happens to be at the time“ as the OP desires.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 hours ago, Pntrguy said:

Is there any way to pull up the color wheel on demand wherever the cursor happens to be at the time, even if the wheel already appears in the panels off to the side?

No.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Thanks all for the helpful comments! Old Bruce nailed it directly, so thanks for that. I kinda figured the instant color wheel "pop up" feature wasn't there, but figured it was worth asking.

It might be a wonderful addition to consider for the future.

And I didn't know about the large color chooser that does come up by double clicking the color well. So thanks for that info, telemax!