You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

brush bug

hello

I have an issue with many of brushes i have that

when I slect them the select brush tool

hardness and visibility of brush gets high

when i change the brush size visibility of brush content is reduced dont know why

in 1st  it visible full but in nd photo after chaning only size via bracket it changes visibility of it when changing brush to whaty it was still no change in visibility

Iam not seeing this with basic brsuh I am seeing with brushes I added

chaging size reduces visibility of it

switch to other tool and select brush again visibility is back and again change/reduce the size visibility will become less also same when you change the brush to other content of it visibility reduces

brush.png

brush2.png

Not sure I fully understand what you are explaining but "Wet Edges" is changing between your screenshots, which may have something to do with what you are seeing

wetedges.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Thanx but I didnt change anything except bursh size didnt even touched the "wet edges"

It automatically got ticked when selecting the brush 

If it tick the wet edges can still be a bug ?because if you dont touch it shouldn't happen?

Is this a bug or behaviour or something?

My point was change of content the brush gives in which it had more content of brush in that wet egdes were ticked in which it was less content of brush it had wet edges unticked which it did automatically

How are you changing the brush size?

With the mouse/pen, brush panel or keyboard shortcut?

Can you record (video) what you are doing?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Changing via brush panel can set wet edges

The bracket keys should not do that

You should check the brushes you are using to see if they set wet edges on or not and adjust how you prefer them to work

9 minutes ago, carl123 said:

Changing via brush panel can set wet edges

The bracket keys should not do that

You should check the brushes you are using to see if they set wet edges on or not and adjust how you prefer them to work

But its unticking via bracket key and via brush size panel and also by changing the brush content also.

It ticks wet edges when you select diff tool then select brush tool again or using the brush tool after any tool. If brushes content ticks the the edges then changing size shouldn't untick wet when selecting diff brush content. From the same brushes group even if you change it unticks wet edges

Then selecting other tool then again coming back to brush again its ticked

5 minutes ago, Mayur Pahuja said:

Then selecting other tool then again coming back to brush again its ticked

That could happen if you have Brush tool sharing set to one of the "on" conditions in Assistant Manager

I have to go out for a little while now, hopefully someone else can assist you further.

But a video would still be useful

• Staff

Hi Mayur Pahuja,

I would very much like to see a video too.

As Carl has said, using the bracket keys should not toggle Wet Edges. Some brushes use Wet Edges as default so if you're switching between brushes, you might find it toggled off/on. 

I'll wait for a video before I comment further. Thank you. 

38 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Hi Mayur Pahuja,

I would very much like to see a video too.

As Carl has said, using the bracket keys should not toggle Wet Edges. Some brushes use Wet Edges as default so if you're switching between brushes, you might find it toggled off/on. 

I'll wait for a video before I comment further. Thank you. 

here is the video

no I am not switching its automatically turning on. when switching to brush tool                                                         

1st is via bracket and change in brush content

2 nd is via brush width

• Staff

It looks as though you might be using a brush that has Wet Edges enabled by default (always on) so when you turn it off on the context toolbar and switch tools and re-select the brush, it re-enables it.

There was some flickering with the mouse so I couldn't always see where it was so I'm not sure if you were manually disabling it from the context toolbar or not?

22 minutes ago, Chris B said:

It looks as though you might be using a brush that has Wet Edges enabled by default (always on) so when you turn it off on the context toolbar and switch tools and re-select the brush, it re-enables it.

There was some flickering with the mouse so I couldn't always see where it was so I'm not sure if you were manually disabling it from the context toolbar or not?

No infact selecting the other content from same brush category actually unticks the wet edges. What ever you select it ticks the wet edges after select just the brush after any other tool even with other brushes