You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Move Tool disfunctioning & no ghost lines

Hello,

Last 2 days I started working a lot with the updated Designer, mainly in Pixel Persona. And I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem, so I thought I'd report it to see if you guys can help me out.

Sometimes when switching to the Move Tool it suddenly doesn't respond to my commands anymore. Dragging, rotating nor scaling.

Also several other tools will be disfunctioning at that point, like the selection tool will show no example ghost lines. But when I close and reopen the document or in worse cases the whole program, the problem's gone. Seems to be the only way to "solve" it... Cause when it strikes, there's no way to get the software to respond correctly again but by restarting.

It's very annoying and constantly interrupting my workflow, for it happens quite often!

Second problem is that while working with my wacom tablet I cannot always scroll up/down or sideways using my wacom pen. It should work like this: Holding down the little pen button that represents the left mouse button should enable me to scroll putting down the pen point on the tablet and dragging it across the surface. If I'm lucky it will work, but in most cases it just doesn't respond and I have to use my mouse wheel in order to scroll. So not the most important or urgent thing, but very inconsistent and I do like to find a way to make it work properly.

What could be the cause of these errors? Can you help me fix them?

Greets, Ruben.

• Staff

Hi Ruben,

There is a known issue that Windows Ink is stopping you from interacting with objects after changing focus. This is with development to be investigated, but in the meantime going to Edit > Preferences > Tools and disabling 'Use Windows Ink for tablet input' should allow you to use your tablet without it refusing your commands.

This should hopefully sort your second issue out - if it does not could you attach a video demonstrating the behaviour you are getting please?

• 2 weeks later...