You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Destructive High Pass sharpen filter - maybe a small bug

hi,

noticed this after latest beta but it's also present in a release version:

if we use non-destructive High Pass filter with value of 0 there is a nice, even, clean, grey screen without any pixel visible

but if we use destructive High Pass with 0 level there are pixels visible like it don't start from a real zero.

not a big deal, maybe even feature - I don't know.

It should be non-destructive.

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

On 5/12/2020 at 12:29 PM, Chris B said:

Hey krbo,

Are you viewing it at 100% when using the non-destructive filter?

If you use the Live Filter High Pass it redraws at the zoom level so it probably won't matter what your zoom % is at. 

there is something connected with zoom level but only with destructive filter - as zoom level is changed forth and back (with 0 value) sometimes pixels are visible sometimes not

live non-desctructive - always a uniform grey, no pixels with 0 value

• Staff

The destructive filter affects the document at a pixel level so at 100% view I would hope you don't see this issue. At anything other than 100% you might. I will need to check to see if this is expected. Do you have a screenshot of the destructive filter so I can see how bad it is? When I do it, I can barely see anything but I do see a little something at varying zooms. 

more info: it's almost invisible in Photo persona RGBA/32 (HDR) after developing RAW
it's much more visible in opened jpg @ RGBA/8 - this example is at 21% zoom after open (value by AP to max fill workspace)
to me it looks like 0,1 value applied

Example.JPG

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.