You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF export unusable.
I have created a brochure. In it I have an isolated image (with transparencies). When exporting, the text above is exported out of focus. The text can still be selected in Acrobat. So it is not rasterized.
Several attempts (PDFX-1a, PDFX-4, ...) with a similar result. In some cases, the transparencies were completely removed or the image exported as a gray rectangle.
The export as * .tiff works perfectly.

In InDesign I always use PDFX-1a for export because all transparencies are removed and there are no problems with the print shop. InDesign easily exports the same layout as PDFX-1a.
Another problem seems to exist when exporting scaled images. I write this in another thread.

Blurred-text-against-transparency.jpg

Found reason. The layer with the light bulb icon is above the text. If it's behind the text, the problem is gone.
However, with a cropped image, the transparent areas should not have such an export result.
In my Indesign file the picture was before the text and it was exported without any problems.

• Staff

Very odd. It seems to be the picture frame that does not like blend modes. If you put the opacity and blend mode on the image inside the picture frame and not the picture frame itself, it's fine. Issue logged