You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Outstanding Issues in 1.8.4.651

We were asked to re-report issues that weren't addressed by the latest updates, so here they are:

1. Find & Replace
Regular Expressions engine is unable find the Right Tab.

2. Pinned Graphic
Pinned graphic to the text with columns moves with the text but if the text if forced to jump to the next column because of "Keep Paragraph Together" then the pinned graphic will not jump to the next column with the associated text.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

• Staff

Hi @Seneca,

I've just had the same issue with Find and Replace, I've ctrl+started the app to clear all the settings and it was fine. ( I should have saved the user folder…). I believe you have the same issue. Can you please try this: 

Go to /Users/{username}/Library/Application Support/ and rename Affinity Publisher Beta to Affinity Publisher Beta.backup and see if it's fine. If it is fine, compress that folder and attach it here. 

I can't replicate the pinning issue. Can you attach a screen recording of your workflow ?

7 hours ago, Gabe said:

Can you please try this: 

I tried to find the Right Tab again and it still doesn't work, even after renaming the Affinity folder to old. I forgot to mention that this doesn't work with Regular Expressions search. Normal search is finding it. Sorry. (I edited my earlier post)

I have reported this before here. You might be interested in other comments regarding GREP:

Regarding pinned graphics not moving with the text to the next column. Please enable "Keep Paragraph Together" to see that. Here is the original post:

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

• Staff

Any chance you can attach the document in question with the right tab?

On 5/5/2020 at 6:54 PM, Seneca said:

We were asked to re-report issues that weren't addressed by the latest updates, so here they are:

We have asked this for threads where Staff did not have the chance to reply, and they were mainly pre-1.8.3 reports. I see Paul has already replied to your pinning issue :)

44 minutes ago, Gabe said:

We have asked this for threads where Staff did not have the chance to reply, and they were mainly pre-1.8.3 reports. I see Paul has already replied to your pinning issue

@Gabe, thank you for your response.

Regarding the Right Tab. There is no need for me to attach any documents. Please create a simple 1 page document fill it with text and insert a Right Tab anywhere in the document. 

Then try to find this Right Tab with Regular Expressions. This doesn't work.

The Right Tab can be found, however, with Normal search, not using Regular Expressions.

So what I am saying is that the Regular Expressions engine is having a problem finding the Right Tab.

1 hour ago, Seneca said:

Then try to find this Right Tab with Regular Expressions. This doesn't work.

For what it's worth, I see the same on Windows. A right-indent tab in a Find expression works only when doing a Normal Find. A Regular Expression Find doesn't find it.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.