You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Since I have a very good standalone DAM, I'm selfishly hoping that if Affinity chooses to go this route they will create an extra app that one can buy or not, rather than adding anything more than basic features to Photo and Designer.  I know some of our members would like Media Browser turned into a full-blown DAM but I would prefer them to concentrate on improving the already existing functions and on creating new ones that users are requesting.  

I would assume that all will agree that they prefer the development team to concentrate on improving the already existing functions and on creating new ones that users are requesting, but with my beloved Aperture's inevitable and imminent demise I would be over the moon were Serif/Affinity to present us with a stand-alone DAM at some point in the (near) future to replace it.  I have been using Aperture only 2 1/2 years but I do not want to go over to the new Photos App if El Capitan nails down the lid on Aperture's coffin.

Since I have a very good standalone DAM, I'm selfishly hoping that if Affinity chooses to go this route they will create an extra app that one can buy or not, rather than adding anything more than basic features to Photo and Designer.  I know some of our members would like Media Browser turned into a full-blown DAM but I would prefer them to concentrate on improving the already existing functions and on creating new ones that users are requesting.  

LilleG, would you like to share with us which is the very good standalone dam? 

thank you very much 

manos

I am also very interested in your DAM solution LilleG. I am currently using LR6 stand alone and am happy with it. But I have heard people saying that there will not be a LR7 only CC. Since I am not so much interested in CC (since I am mostly paying for development I do not need and I cannot skip a version or two until something I do want shows up) I am looking into alternatives. Of course I just upgraded to LR6 and this will work just fine for a long time,  but I am interested in future alternatives..

Sorry, I wasn't following this topic.  I use MediaPro from PhaseOne.  It's on the pricey side these days but I bought it long ago when it was iView and just kept upgrading it every time a newer version came out.  It was bought as iView MediaPro first by Microsoft and renamed as Expressions then PhaseOne bought it from Microsoft and reverted the name to MediaPro.

https://www.phaseone.com/en/Imaging-Software/Media-Pro.aspx

I posted this as a reply in another forum question but it's worth repeating.

On a hunt from an app to replace Lightroom (which I subscribe to along with PS), I found 'Lyn' - lynapp.com.

I love it.  It's robust with tons of good features. I gladly paid $20 for a license.  

It allows me to bath rename, flag, star, etc -

also lets you upload to all social media and Smugmug, 500pm.

AND - one of the default menu choices is: "Open with Affinity Photo".

LOVE IT.  You can get a 14 day trial.

I no nothing about the developer, have no stake in the company.  Just glad it's there and in my applications list.

Sorry, I wasn't following this topic.  I use MediaPro from PhaseOne.  It's on the pricey side these days but I bought it long ago when it was iView and just kept upgrading it every time a newer version came out.  It was bought as iView MediaPro first by Microsoft and renamed as Expressions then PhaseOne bought it from Microsoft and reverted the name to MediaPro.

https://www.phaseone.com/en/Imaging-Software/Media-Pro.aspx

HI LilleG

I just been through a few of the videos over at PhaseOne and the program you linked to certainly looks interesting. Are you using both MediaPro and CaptureOnePro or just MediaPro? I recently bought Affinity Photo here and am looking for a DAM solution for my Raw files but also for some older jpgs.

I posted this as a reply in another forum question but it's worth repeating.

On a hunt from an app to replace Lightroom (which I subscribe to along with PS), I found 'Lyn' - lynapp.com.

I love it.  It's robust with tons of good features. I gladly paid $20 for a license.  

It allows me to bath rename, flag, star, etc -

also lets you upload to all social media and Smugmug, 500pm.

AND - one of the default menu choices is: "Open with Affinity Photo".

LOVE IT.  You can get a 14 day trial.

I no nothing about the developer, have no stake in the company.  Just glad it's there and in my applications list.

Thanks for repeating it, just downloading the trial. :)

I'm careful with one-man-developer-companies, one never knows if they don't stop the next day, but this one is working on it since 2010 and the screenshots were promising. Funny, never read/heard about it all those years. And I'm researching a "close to Aperture"-Aperture-substitute for quite a while. LR and mediaPro are no way to go for me, media Pro is too expensive and LR too Adobe  :rolleyes:

Only thing I'd miss would be "faces", less a tagging tool to me but always a surprise to meet/find known faces in crowds.