You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When I import a Raw nef file it is always 1.5 stops under what all my other histograms claim to be correct.

I import on 16bit. 

I am not an expert by any means but i'm sure this has only been a problem sine the latest update 1.8.3

Please could some one confirm this as it's driving me mad.

Can anyone tell me if there is a fix for this. There's clearly something wrong and It's making it impossible for me to edit my images. As when I bring up the EV the noise becomes very bad.

Failing a fix what are my alternatives short of moving to over Light room. Which i really don't want to do as the cost is high for me which is the reason I chose Affinity. in the first place.

Man I'm mad right now stuck in doors with a photo editor I can't use BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!! 

In camera this image is perfectly exposed in Affinity is dull as ditch water and clearly one and a half stops under where it should be.

Capture.thumb.PNG.6275e9f61ea9c564a06c8f55566e2c56.PNG

So here is a side by side comparison.

first image opened in Affinity the second one is opened in faststone. Both are a nef raw file taken on my Nikon d3400.

Also the same thing happens with my Mavic pro raw files aswell😠

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Adam 005

Apparently there is a know issue with some raw files in the current release and beta versions that Affinity are aware of. In the meantime you could try another raw editor to get you over the current issue. I think the Nikon raw editor is free. RawTherapee should open the files correctly but that's another learning curve. I know Panasonic raw files are o.k. but it seems Nikon and Sony are effected. Anyway have a look at this link.

Geoff H

• Staff

The raw image issue that we fixed in the beta was caused by having a dual monitor setup and profiles. Moving the app window around or min/maxing the Window could temporarily cause the screen to look correct.

If min/maxing the app Window  doesn't affect the dark preview and you don't have a dual monitor setup then this is a different issue. 

Have you tried resetting the app which was a workaround?

Affinity Store - Go to %AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0 and rename 1.0 to 1.1

or 

Microsoft Store - Go to %AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0 (Store) and rename 1.0 to 1.1

You can access the AppData folder by pressing the Windows key + R on your keyboard and then just type %AppData%

I think this is a case of misunderstanding how raw file should look.

Camera does not show raw file but developed jpg also as Faststone does not show raw file but embeded jpg from it.

Only question is what's with tone curve and exposure bias setting in develop assistant.

l'image sur l'écran est belle , bien contrastée...quand on l'imprime sombre etc...

Je pensais que mon imprimante rencontrait des problèmes, j'ai en plus recalibré mon ecran avec la sonde...et non ce n'est pas l'imprimante, c'est tout simplement le logiciel qui ne sait pas traité les fichiers raws...il sont beau sur l'écran mais pas imprimables..

je pense retourner chez Adobe, c'est plus sérieux

• Staff

@Ghislain Duboëlle Would you be able to attach your original raw image and the .afphoto file so we can see what edits have been made? Also, what printer you are using and what profiles etc.

If the image looks correct in Affinity but prints dark then this should really be investigated. I originally misunderstood your issue.

Bonjour,

J'utilise une Epson photo 1500 w...j'ai essayé autre fichier avec photoshop éléments tout est parfait.... celui dérawtisé par Affinity est beaucoup trop sombre. Pourtant l'image su l'écran est parfaite, bien contrastée, mieux qu'avec élements.. les profils je n'y connais rien.... quand je cherche à sélectionner fichiers pour les joindre impossible

To the OP, I think you need to ensure that in ANY app you use you check what baseline IMPORT TONE CURVE is Used by DEFAULT.

I use C1, DXO, Affinity, LR and have used NIKON etc. and tested these. Each will have a baseline TC usually defined within Settings or Preferences. Go there reset to NO TC and then compare and show us.

HTH. P

11 hours ago, Ghislain Duboëlle said:

Bonjour,

Par contre l'impression des fichiers JPEG, TIFF etc ne pose aucun problème...Affi est donc défaillant pour les RAW, un format utilisé par les pros mais aussi par les amateurs dont je fais partie.... votre logiciel n'est donc pas valable...pas à la hauteur d'Adobe, que l'on me prouve le contraire..

Désolé de vous contredire mais j'utilise Affinity Photo depuis longtemps et professionnellement et j'ai toujours d'excellents résultats comme des milliers d'autres. Chaque logiciel interprète les fichiers RAW à sa manière c'est à l'utilisateur des les rendre à son goût.

Je trouve ça un peu facile de dire que Photo  n'est pas valable, surtout venant de quelqu'un parlant d'impression écrit "...les profils je n'y connais rien.... quand je cherche à sélectionner fichiers pour les joindre impossible" .

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

j'ai dit ce que je pense, non je ne connais pas grand chose aux profils, peux me classer photographe amateur "averti", ai déjà gagné concours en présentant photos avec lightroom et photoshop...

je n'ai jamais rencontré de problème à l'impression et sur ce forum je vois que je ne suis pas le seul... au lieu de pour ainsi dire m'accuser proposez moi la solution à mon problème...j'ai quitté Adobe trop cher..

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.