I'm using Affinity Photo 1.3.4. Not sure if I'm doing anything wrong or if it's a bug. I highlight two layers to merge together, then I go up to the "Layers" menu and the option to "merge selected" is grayed out. Also if I select one layer and go to the menu option to "merge down" is also great out. The only merge option accessible is "merge visible". Any info is greatly appreciated.

post-4189-0-77505000-1438017615_thumb.png

This worked only when I had clean layers-(no masks) just pixels. If I had a masked layer, grouped layer, etc. and I selected any other layer with or without masks,groupings, never worked. So as long as you have regular pixel layers it will work.

If I had a masked layer, grouped layer, etc. and I selected any other layer with or without masks,groupings, never worked.

Yes, you are right. Though the menu item is not grayed out in these cases, merging does not seem to work … obviously we have to rasterise the layers in these cases as well …  :unsure:

Thank you! I just assumed like in other image editors as long as the images were of a simple format like .png, .jpg etc. when added to a layer that they were were already rasterized. After rasterize in each image I can now merge selections. Basic images added to the other image editors I used just by dragging and dropping the image into the new document allow me to merge selections without having to rasterize first. Again, thank you very much for the reply and help. :)