You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Integrating Antidote

Hi,

I am owning Publisher, Designer and Photo from Affinity.

Although I really enjoy working with your softwares, I would like to point you to the possibility to integrate the software Antidote in order to correct in French and in English.

In my modest view, this is a must for any publishing software as yours.

If you don't know about this incredible software, go here : https://www.antidote.info/en/

I am not an employee of Antidote, but a user who would like to work directly in Publisher without having to use Word as a middleman in the process of publishing.

I know Covid-19 is slowing down communications, but I hope to spike your interest.

Regards,

Louis

• 2 weeks later...

As a fellow user, I wish to welcome you to the forums.

I also have expressed my desire for Antidote integration. You might be interested in looking at a couple of the other threads where it has been requested. Particularly note this thread, where a representative from Druide wrote, and a Serif representative said, "I have put it on the official list":

43 minutes ago, garrettm30 said:

As a fellow user, I wish to welcome you to the forums.

I also have expressed my desire for Antidote integration. You might be interested in looking at a couple of the other threads where it has been requested. Particularly note this thread, where a representative from Druide wrote, and a Serif representative said, "I have put it on the official list":

Thanks for the links, Garrett!

Louis

56 minutes ago, wonderings said:

is Antidote mainly a spell check/grammar check on steroids to help with people who are not native English speakers?

It can be. It is a fairly comprehensive language resource with multiple facets, and it is by no means for non-native speakers. It used to be French only, but recent versions added English as well. I came to it because I am involved in publishing in French (not as an author, mind you), but I am not a native French speaker, so my French is often far from perfect. I was initially attracted by the corrector, which is kind of like French (or English) spell check and grammar check on steroids as you say. But I learned to use the other tools that are a part of it as well, because it is also like a dictionary on steroids, and a pretty good guide to grammar.

More recently I bought the English pack to go with it—not really to use for English—but to enrich looking up the right French word for a particular English meaning. But it turns out I use it as a great resource in English as well. It can be like a second proofreader to catch things you already know but missed when you read it over yourself. It can help with things like typographical quotes or other issues. But then there are the language resources.

I tried to upload screenshots to illustrate, but apparently the forum software is not liking me today.