You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher's Photo Persona's Selection Tool is Not Aligned to Actual Pixel

On 5/4/2020 at 7:45 PM, GarryP said:

In Publisher, you don’t seem to have “Force Pixel Alignment” set to ON (in the Toolbar, icon with nine squares with a centre red one).

Notice that I didn't enable "Force Pixel Alignment" in Publisher 😅

I don’t understand what most emoji’s mean so I don’t know how to read your last comment.
I have tried a few things but have been unable to replicate the issue you raised.
Maybe someone else can help.
If you can give more information about the document and the layer you’re trying to select from then that might be useful. (Showing the Layers Panel with the layer selected and the Transform Panel open too usually helps.)

On 5/6/2020 at 3:40 PM, GarryP said:

I don’t understand what most emoji’s mean so I don’t know how to read your last comment.
I have tried a few things but have been unable to replicate the issue you raised.
Maybe someone else can help.
If you can give more information about the document and the layer you’re trying to select from then that might be useful. (Showing the Layers Panel with the layer selected and the Transform Panel open too usually helps.)

OK So I'll just upload it.

My afpub is consisted of imported PSD files. Expected behaviour is that Photo Persona's Rectangular Marquee Tool's selection shall be aligned to actual pixel. But if there is a page of different size existing, only in the first page (of different size) selection behaves normally. Currently my workaround is editing in Photo then switch back to Publisher.

In order to reproduce, open xen-comic-00 (6).psd in Affnity Publisher and right click on Page 1 -> Add Pages from file -> put xen-comice-00 (1) portada.psd before. Then switch to Photo Persona. You would notice that in Photo Persona selection works normally in Page 1 (xen-comice-00 (1) portada.psd), but in Page 2 (xen-comic-00(6).psd) selecting is messed up, whether pixel alignment is enabled or not.

Copyright notice: These files are created by Andrés Barra (https://derideal.com) and licensed under CC-BY-NC-SA.

xen-comic-00_(6).psd xen-comic-00_(1)_portada.psd

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi March_happy,

I have also been unable to recreate this following your instructions. If possible could you provide a screen recording of you recreating this?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.