You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there,

I've got a couple of queries regarding Affinity Designer.

First off, is there a way to take a shape or path and increase the number of nodes on the vector? In Illustrator I've often used this feature so that I can break a shape down and split it. I know I can add points on a path but I'm after a way of dividing these points equally - if that makes sense ;)

The other thing is colour management. I've always struggled to understand it, although back in the day when I did retouching I remember using profiles.

What I'm struggling with is I did an Illustration in Sketch but got tired of it chugging along and crashing a lot, so I decided to recreate it in Affinity Designer. Whilst the colours are very near, it appears to me there is a slight shift in the colour. Now I don't understand how Sketch handled colour management and it may be to do with Sketch and not Affinity, but is there a colour management setting that would match Sketch's default colour to Affinity's?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :P

AD 1.4.1 | AP 1.4.1 | ottobyte.com | @ottobyte | MacPro 8x2.8, 8gb, OSX 10.11.3

• Staff

Hi ottobyte,

We don't currently have a 'divide curve' kind of function - but it has been mentioned before, so I'm sure we'll add one...

With colour management, you just want to be making sure you have an RGB/8 document with sRGB colour profile. Everything should be correct and you can verify using Digital Color Meter (built-in to OS X) that the colours you've chosen are genuinely the colours you've received - remember to look at the sRGB values in Digital Color Meter though, obviously.

Thanks,

Matt