You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Need shape builder tool and exporting ai files

Hello affinity  , iam a new use of affinity and iam facing troubles that makes me cant use your products): and i meed a dew answers please

1- will be there a (shape builder) tool in affinity designer like illustrator ? I cant do any type of golden ratio designes (even with the (devid) then delete) if will there be this tool in future please tell me when becaus i cant do my designes and i think alot of designers are the same 😞 please add it asap

2- when can i export AI files in affinity ? Becaus clients need that always , if you can do these things affinity will be a great tool and it will be my main and i think alot of designers will do the same !!

So please if you can tell me when will you do that becaus uptil now i cant design and deal with clients , so i have to use another apps which is realy expinsive but it is the only choice 😞

And thanks alot for your work

Edited by Omran design

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

20 minutes ago, Omran design said:

and i can open ai files this year

You can already open ai files, if they were saved in compatibility mode with a PDF inside them. Your topic seems to be about exporting.

Personally, I don't ever expect to see that ability, but it's always possible that Serif will surprise me.

22 minutes ago, Omran design said:

So will there be a shape builder tool ,

No one knows. There may be, someday in the future. Or not. Serif does not disclose their future plans, nor their priority list.

25 minutes ago, Omran design said:

Please i need answer asap

As an Affinity user, or, really, a user of any software, all you can truly count on is the functions that exist in the software today. If they are not sufficient for your needs, then you should use some other software.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Yes i realy appreciat your replay 

But i need to know that should i subscribe to adobe ? Becaus a littel things can spend alot of money , so iam a new designer , if a client asks me for an Ai files what should i do ? I need your advice as a professional. Thanks

Omran

2 hours ago, Omran design said:

But i need to know that should i subscribe to adobe ? Becaus a littel things can spend alot of money , so iam a new designer , if a client asks me for an Ai files what should i do ?

If a client wants an AI file you cannot use any of the Affinity applications to give it to him. And there is no indication that you will see that any time soon in the Affinity suite.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

38 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

If a client wants an AI file you cannot use any of the Affinity applications to give it to him. And there is no indication that you will see that any time soon in the Affinity suite.

So there is no alternatives to Ai ? and i can't send them anything that he can open it and do some changes if he want (file location) ? Can you tell me how you are dealing with your client please ? Thanks for your time and sry for disturb but i need someone to help me in that.

8 minutes ago, Omran design said:

So there is no alternatives to Ai ? and i can't send them anything that he can open it and do some changes if he want (file location) ? Can you tell me how you are dealing with your client please ? Thanks for your time and sry for disturb but i need someone to help me in that.

For myself, even if CorelDraw has the best AI compatibility, I always either use AI as a glorified file converter (if the file doesn't need AI specific functions), or I'll draw a design in anything I prefer to draw in, stop at where I then need to use AI for and finish the design in Illy.

There is no other way to ensure AI compatibility in anything if a client needs a returned AI file.

The same applies to using Photoshop specific features and the client wants back a true PS file. As regards InDesign files--one simply has to use ID start to finish.

4 minutes ago, MikeW said:

For myself, even if CorelDraw has the best AI compatibility, I always either use AI as a glorified file converter (if the file doesn't need AI specific functions), or I'll draw a design in anything I prefer to draw in, stop at where I then need to use AI for and finish the design in Illy.

There is no other way to ensure AI compatibility in anything if a client needs a returned AI file.

The same applies to using Photoshop specific features and the client wants back a true PS file. As regards InDesign files--one simply has to use ID start to finish.

Thanks mate , finally , do you think adobe creative cloud 19 dollar per month (students package) worth it ? I want to start a real buisness soon so do you recommend it ? Thanks 

3 minutes ago, Omran design said:

Thanks mate , finally , do you think adobe creative cloud 19 dollar per month (students package) worth it ? I want to start a real buisness soon so do you recommend it ? Thanks 

Your welcome.

If Adobe compatibility is required, then yes, I believe it's worth it even at full price.

I've done this stuff for too many years--though mainly layout and what graphics I need to create are relatively simple. In my business, I do need need to return the original assets in AI or PS formats very often. So I get by with returning the (typically) pdf assets along with the layout application's native file format (which might be one of 4 different layout applications). But when I do need to return native AI or PS assets, there is no substitute to using AI or PS.

Because I'm not an illustrator, or draw unique art, the above works for me. It doesn't sound like it would for you, so I don't see any other option.

Mike

4 minutes ago, MikeW said:

Thanks man i realy appreciate that, btw i want to join a graphic design field so i think there is no choice as you saied and i think until affinity 2.0 comes which is so so far , i could return to it so we can deal with clients and design faster and much better.thankss again 

Omran