You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello affinity designers ,1- will be there a (shape builder) tool in affinity designer like illustrator ? I cant do any type of golden ratio designes (even with the (devid) then delete) if will there be this tool in future please tell me when becaus i cant do my designes and i think alot of designers are the same 😞 please add it asap

2- when can i export AI files in affinity ? Becaus clients need that always , if you can do these things affinity will be a great tool and it will be my main and i think alot of designers will do the same !!

So please if you can tell me when will you do that becaus uptil now i cant design and deal with clients , so i have to use another apps which is realy expinsive but it is the only choice 😞

And thanks alot for your affort ❤

As for question 1 – Shape Builder – I don’t think anyone (maybe including the developers) will be able to tell you whether such functionality will come to any of the Affinity applications, never mind when.  However, if you give us a visual idea of what you are trying to achieve, someone may be able to help.

As for question 2 – Export to AI – I think the answer will probably be the same as for question 1, but for various different reasons.

Overall, as for most new features, if they come they will come but not many people will know for definite when, or even if.

13 hours ago, GarryP said:

As for question 1 – Shape Builder – I don’t think anyone (maybe including the developers) will be able to tell you whether such functionality will come to any of the Affinity applications, never mind when.  However, if you give us a visual idea of what you are trying to achieve, someone may be able to help.

As for question 2 – Export to AI – I think the answer will probably be the same as for question 1, but for various different reasons.

Overall, as for most new features, if they come they will come but not many people will know for definite when, or even if.

i have the same thing , the  things that i am trying to achieve are a lot and maybe i can but it is  very very very  hard compared with the shape builder tool in illustrator , such as golden ratio stuff and any type of creating geometric shapes , one of the problems i am facing that when i do (divide) or(add) i find a lot of  curves and lines still there especially with golden ratio stuff, if you can , tell me what should i do i will really appreciate that a lot , thanks.

10 minutes ago, os design said:

is  very very very  hard compared with the shape builder tool in illustrator , such as golden ratio stuff and any type of creating geometric shapes , one of the problems i am facing that when i do (divide) or(add) i find a lot of  curves and lines still there especially with golden ratio stuff, if you can , tell me what should i do i will really appreciate that a lot , thanks.

The "golden ratio stuff" is exactly the same like in AI: Create objects in the wanted sizes. If you want them in golden ratio then set their size accordingly. You can use the transform panel to scale them in a specific ratio e.g. by typing " * 0,618 " behind an existing value to achieve a smaller object in golden ratio.

Also the number of "a lot of curves and lines" will not be more in Affinity than in AI. To make it easier in the beginning you could start with less objects. Such exercises don't need to achieve a logo or illustration but simply let get you used to the workflow.

To avoid confusion in the forum try not to ask questions about the same topics in different threads.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

thanks for replay , but i do not ask for this , i already created a golden ratio , i mean the things that i want to do with the golden ratio , and i am confused for 1 reason , which software should i buy ???! i want to start focusing on 1 product as a graphic designer : adobe or affinity ,  i tried affinity and i like it but it has a little cons that makes me confused (as a shape builder) , so i want anyone to tell me from the real developers is there are any plans for bring something like the shape builder tool into AD ?? it is just yes or no ? let me  know that i can make a decision ( purchase affinity products and wait or just purchase adobe  ??? ,that is why i asked a lot,  thanks.