You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Need to get a new desktop that can handle Affinity Photo - ideas

Whilst we have a pretty high spec desktop, I demand so much of it using Affinity Photo, that sometimes CPU usage is 100%.   I use layers a lot.

My RAM memory usage has been up to 94%, though not at the same time.  It went into the spinning ball frequently and otherwise indicated that too much was being asked of it. 

Attached are the specs of my current desktop.  Am thinking of getting an Intel i7 (or equiv) plus 16 Gigs RAM.   Do you think that will suffice please?

Specs of desktop 2020.JPG

Jafa - Just Another Fantastic Aucklander

(Jim)

Windows 11

Affinity Photo 2.4

Lightroom 6

Nik Collection and Topaz Denoise AI

Intel Core i7 9700K @ 3.60GHz    32 °C
Coffee Lake 14nm Technology

Just to add more detail, the model I am thinking of, at the moment, is described as " Intel 9th Gen Core i7 9700 8 Core 3.0Ghz, 16GB RAM ,480GB SSD , Mid-Tower with 500W Power Supply "

Jafa - Just Another Fantastic Aucklander

(Jim)

Windows 11

Affinity Photo 2.4

Lightroom 6

Nik Collection and Topaz Denoise AI

Intel Core i7 9700K @ 3.60GHz    32 °C
Coffee Lake 14nm Technology

Do you need a new computer or just more memory.  My Mid 2011 21.5" iMac desktop with 4GB installed memory was struggling with Affinity Photo and keep seizing up.  Just added 2 x 8GB memory cards giving me 20GB. Didthis a few days ago and no problems since.  Got them from    Dr. Memory     https://www.drmem.com/uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwuv78YSk6QIVBbTtCh3oYgBvEAAYASAAEgK_RvD_BwE

Good price v/fast delivery branded product.