Hi dmullin2,

Welcome to Affinity Forums,

[EDITED]

There isn't a merge command like in Photoshop, but as a workaround you can group them and go to menu Layer -> Rasterize... 

​Currently (as of version 1.3.4) there's no Merge commands available in Affinity Designer.

3 minutes ago, WiltsLady said:

I tried "Group then Rasterise" but the quality is rubbish.

That's rather vague. How about a screenshot, and some more information about the problem. Maybe even a sample file if you can share.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.499 Beta

I am trying to reduce the size of a flyer that has five images in it. I am exporting to pdf for the printer and coming up with a 44mb file that their email package wouldn't accept. I tried the various suggestions above but the only one that worked at all was "Group then Rasterise" (I don't know what the "=PS" means in the above post?). When I checked the quality of the pdf it was very poor quality in comparison to the original file. The new file was 8mb. I didn't keep the output since I wasn't going to use it.

On 2/22/2017 at 2:52 PM, nammr said:

My way

1. Select your layers ->

2. Right click ->

3. Geometry ->

4. Add

Well, this is certainly a good work around however what happens if you want one element a different colour? 

I am founder and managing director of Metcast, a meteorological agency which has operated Snow Watch since it's inception in 2008. 

On 9/17/2014 at 6:54 PM, MEB said:

Hi dmullin2,

Welcome to Affinity Forums,

[EDITED]

There isn't a merge command like in Photoshop, but as a workaround you can group them and go to menu Layer -> Rasterize... 

Currently (as of version 1.3.4) there's no Merge commands available in Affinity Designer.

I know that trick very well. And yes it works works properly. But sometime I wish I had that command like in Photoshop. Especially when i handle with large amount of layers and its irritating that the command "merge down" exist but not a equivalent. It´s just nip-picking but I would really like to see a command like "merge selection" ore so on.

On 9/6/2019 at 2:34 AM, SkaO said:

I know that trick very well. And yes it works works properly. But sometime I wish I had that command like in Photoshop. Especially when i handle with large amount of layers and its irritating that the command "merge down" exist but not a equivalent. It´s just nip-picking but I would really like to see a command like "merge selection" ore so on.

Hi dmullin2, look I have done it eb Affinity Photo selecting all the layers to merge and from the visible layer / merge menu, it is very similar to photoshop, but here you merge all the layers in a single image leaving the same layers editable.
I hope my answer helps you and whatever you are looking for, Regards.