You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi dmullin2,

Welcome to Affinity Forums,

[EDITED]

There isn't a merge command like in Photoshop, but as a workaround you can group them and go to menu Layer -> Rasterize... 

​Currently (as of version 1.3.4) there's no Merge commands available in Affinity Designer.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
3 minutes ago, WiltsLady said:

I tried "Group then Rasterise" but the quality is rubbish.

That's rather vague. How about a screenshot, and some more information about the problem. Maybe even a sample file if you can share.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I am trying to reduce the size of a flyer that has five images in it. I am exporting to pdf for the printer and coming up with a 44mb file that their email package wouldn't accept. I tried the various suggestions above but the only one that worked at all was "Group then Rasterise" (I don't know what the "=PS" means in the above post?). When I checked the quality of the pdf it was very poor quality in comparison to the original file. The new file was 8mb. I didn't keep the output since I wasn't going to use it.

• 5 months later...
On 9/17/2014 at 6:54 PM, MEB said:

Hi dmullin2,

Welcome to Affinity Forums,

[EDITED]

There isn't a merge command like in Photoshop, but as a workaround you can group them and go to menu Layer -> Rasterize... 

Currently (as of version 1.3.4) there's no Merge commands available in Affinity Designer.

I know that trick very well. And yes it works works properly. But sometime I wish I had that command like in Photoshop. Especially when i handle with large amount of layers and its irritating that the command "merge down" exist but not a equivalent. It´s just nip-picking but I would really like to see a command like "merge selection" ore so on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2019 at 2:34 AM, SkaO said:

I know that trick very well. And yes it works works properly. But sometime I wish I had that command like in Photoshop. Especially when i handle with large amount of layers and its irritating that the command "merge down" exist but not a equivalent. It´s just nip-picking but I would really like to see a command like "merge selection" ore so on.

Hi dmullin2, look I have done it eb Affinity Photo selecting all the layers to merge and from the visible layer / merge menu, it is very similar to photoshop, but here you merge all the layers in a single image leaving the same layers editable.
I hope my answer helps you and whatever you are looking for, Regards.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I want to destructively raster several objects.

Is there a merge selected rather than merge visible???    It is impractical and slow to have to hide a whole lot of layers to merge.

I don't care if it keeps the original object as i can always delete them if I'm confident to commit to that 

8 hours ago, maakbow said:

Is there a merge selected rather than merge visible???

Yes, it's in Layer menu.

It should merge into the lowest selected layer in the stack, regardless of order of selection, but there is a bug in the current version where the first selected becomes the destination of the merge.

• 3 months later...

I selected all the layers I wanted to merge, went to the top menu bar and clicked Layer, then went to Geometry, and clicked "merge curves" and now they seem to be on the same layer. Does this help? I still seem able to edit with the node tool. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
2 hours ago, D.E. Main said:

I need to stitch many images together

File > New Panorama
affinity.help/photo/English.lproj/pages/Panorama/panorama_stitching.html

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

• 2 months later...
On 3/22/2019 at 6:36 PM, Mark Clifford said:

Well, this is certainly a good work around however what happens if you want one element a different colour? 

If i group , go to geoetry and add.... my layers dissapear. Please help i need to merge them into one shape without it being pixelated