You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer crashing while painting in pixel persona

Recently I have started painting in Designer. I use a Huion kamvas 16 pro.

I have the software up on my main display and basically just the file up on my tablet. I use the tablet's pen on the tablet and configurate brushes and such with my mouse on the other display.

Now I have experienced several (4) crashes, losing a lot of progress. These crashes don't work like regular windows crashes but rather make the program freeze in place but dont make it have that white overlay. The only option i have after that is force closing the program. At this point the program will ask if I want to save the file but I can't answer that because the pop-up is on screen for only a split second.

Specs:

B450M PRO-VDH MAX Motherboard
RTX 2070 Super Graphics
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.6Ghz
16G Ram
Win10 Pro
running on an ssd

Thanks

• Staff

Hi Crispy97,

Can you try going to Edit > Preferences > Tools and disabling 'Use Windows Ink for tablet input'? They're are some known issues going between tablet and mouse that block the input making it look like the application has stopped responding