You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problems with vector brushes. Can not create, set and use pattern brushes as in Illustrator, as I am used to from Adobe Illustrator.

Hello Affinity team,
I have a big problem with the vector brushes.
The problem is that I want to create brush tips with patterns. I can create these using the image brush, unfortunately also with restrictions on the setting options.
The main problem is that:

1. If I want to use the brush tip for curving objects, the elements will be distorted despite the command overlap. That shouldn't be happening.

2. The distortion also arises when I want to increase the brush strength in order to enlarge the elements.

3. If I want to change the object shape again after assigning the vector brush, the number of objects is reduced or expanded, but the number remains the same and is completely distorted, which should never happen. Even if I reassign the brush again, I can't undo the distortion. This is very annoying.

I suspect that this problem is probably due to the fact that the vector brush tips are not created from real vectors, but from PNG images and this leads to calculation problems.

I would be delighted if, as is also possible in Adobe Illustrator, I could create vector brush tips from vector objects in designers, whose shape does not change and when the object changes, the number of objects automatically adapts.

I would also like to be able to set the distance between the individual objects.
At the moment I have to create an area on the right and left side of my objects, which I want to use as a brush, so that I can then define the distance by moving the auxiliary lines. It would be better if I can enter a unit of measurement (e.g. millimeters) to create the distance.

Problem_PictureBrush.JPG

Problem_PictureBrush_2.JPG

Problem_PictureBrush_3.JPG

Problem_PictureBrush_4.JPG